Saturday, October 01, 2005

Yay for Google Earth!


About a week ago, Google Earth update KL with high resolution mapping data! So now KL is shown in it's full 1 meter glory. For those who don't know, 1 meter resolution means objects 1 meter or larger are discernable on the map.

Right then, here are some examples.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sekolah Menengah Stella Maris

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The LUCT Campus

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Siberia.. I mean Cyberia

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sri Utama

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Intan Apartments in Mayang

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
ISKL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And finally, taken from the targetting camera from a Tomahawk Cruise Missle. :D

Anyway, you may notice the odd choice of photos, I guess these will interest specific people out there. Also, for those who have Google Earth, I have a file with bookmarks of interesting places like major shopping complexes and landmarks i made that you can ask me for. I'd upload it, but i have no webspace. :D

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is superb, going to reinstall google earth later.

Will put an entry on this tonight, thanks for the head-up.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:34:00 PM  
Blogger ayandy said...

argh! my house!

Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah u got tracy's n andrew's house HAHAHa ;pp
tracy's gonna kick u ;p

hey..our skool..looks..not that small..

Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ISKL!!! ISKL!!! ISKL Ampang, right? Middle/high school and not Melawati? *tilting head* Trying to imagine it as I remember it...

*quirked grin* No pic of AISB? Bucuresti? You don't loooove me... ;P

And GAH! UIS!!!

Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Naoko said...

Wow! I didn't realise SM was so big!

College looks... grossly huge.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger Nicholas said...

Andrew: *Evil Laugh!*

Cel + Pat: It is small.. just the the picture is big :D If were scale to scale, ISKL would be 3x larger.

Izzy: Yes baby, ISKL Ampang. The one near Ampang Point. Can't get a good picture of Bucherest in general. I tried looking, i spent 2 days actually... I did finally find AISB, but it's a 1cm x 1cm smudge. I could post it later if you like... Not at my PC at the moment.

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:54:00 AM  
Blogger The Poor Medic said...

arrrgghhh =.=

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger The Poor Medic said...

how does my house consider as 'interest to specific people'? dammit, wait till I find yours! >.<

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could I get the coordenates for the school? it's been so many years now and KL has changed so much I can't seem to find anywhere I used to hang out.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home