Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Weekend...


This weekend was spent with my mom at her best friend's place. See, my mom's friend has these two dogs that she finds hard to leave at home for extended periods without someone to care for them. So my mom and I spent our Sunday caring for the two dogs and got to make use of the doggies home.

So with dogs well fed, I figured that to starve off boredom without my PC, I would do the other thing I love... Cook. For Sunday lunch, I would make my mom 4 kinds of Tapas and Stuffed Mushrooms.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What is Tapas? Essentially, Tapas are a series of small dishes the Spanish eat as snacks along with alcohol (Beer or Wine) as they crawl bars. But many sorts of Tapas can also be combined to make a meal.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So along with our Tapas, we had a 2004 Argentinean white wine and German bread. I don’t know why, but I dislike wine from the Northern Hemisphere. Somehow wine from South America and Australia taste better to me… with New Zealand as the best.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So what did I make? In the picture above, from background to foreground, the green mound after the bread is Avocado dip, followed by Sautéed Mushroom with garlic, Marinated Mushrooms and 2 Bean Tapas.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Avocado Dip (Pictured above,
[To be fair, mom made the Avocardo Dip, while I busied with the rest.]) was refreshing; kind of like a solid margarita if there were such a thing. The sautéed mushroom was the only Tapas served warm, the rest were chilled and it tasted as its name suggests, but also tangy as there was lemon juice involved. Mushrooms are very absorbent and will take on the flavours of whatever it’s mixed with, hence the Marinated Mushrooms were a hit, having been swimming in a bath of wine and sautéed garlic & onion. Finally beware the 2 bean Tapas, for while the Butter and French Beans go well together, they cause gas.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally we have cored Portobello mushrooms, stuffed with bread, 2 kinds of bacon and its' own cores, capped with a generous layer of Mozzarella cheese. Such bitter sweet memories of the one who taught me how to make these…

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What do we have here? A charming canine spies our lunch…

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

“I want food! Feed me! FEED ME!! I beg you…”

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

“Feed me for you cannot resist my cuteness… Muahahahhahaa *caugh* Arf! Arf!”

Cute? Are you sure?

“Sure I am! Just ask my goon!”

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

“Er… Don’t look at me…"


So anyway, all pictures taken by me, please ask if you want to use them… yada… yada… yada… More next post: pictures from my Avd. Dip convocation. :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Babe_KL said...

fantastic job there and i love portobello

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those Tapas look delicious and they look like theyre damn hard to make >_<
CuTE DOGGIE~!!

Friday, October 07, 2005 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home