Friday, April 01, 2005

Yeh! An update!

So after a very long absence, I finally decided to update my blog. Well, I don't really have much to say... or do I? I am actually dictating this to my computer right now, it has been a very long time since I have experimented with a speech to text program. I must say that the accuracy of the software has improved since I last touched it almost 10 years ago.

Wether it is a benefit derived from an increase in processing power, or simply better coding or combination of both, I don't know. but what I do know, is that it has improved to the point where I no longer have to worry about every single word and get down to the business of writing. Which is in itsWhetherother topic to touch on, because it is in fact quite hard to think in spoken words instead of thinking while reading text off a screen and typing, it is quite disconcerting.

Another thing about the software is that while it is fairly accurate, to moment you start to speak colloquially everything goes haywire. Apparently the software guesses what you say, as well as what it thinks you mean to form your sentences. So for instance if you break the rules of English, like for example, you start a sentence with a conjunction, it would chronically misinterpret the first word matter how clearly you speak the word.

So that is all for now, hopefully will bring myself to update and soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home