Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Oh No!

I went back to CyberJaya on Monday night after being away for a week. I powered on the PC, queued up a few downloads on bit torrent and started to play Simpson’s Hit and Run. Suddenly the PC hanged. I rebooted …

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppp…. OH NO!!!! My PC made a croaking sound and died.

Yep, my PC is now officially dead. According to the diagnostic LED display, the motherboard outright failed to initialise… Sigh… Well I guess now I’m forced to buy that new PC I’ve been putting off for a year already. It’s been a good machine I guess, it’s served me well since 2001.

Anyway, the good news is that we’ve finally sorted out the problem with the internet at home that’s been plaguing us since day 1. Apparently the moronic contractor that put in the caballing did a sloppy job and the added line resistance has been screwing with the dial up and DSL signals. So now it’s fixed and I can finally enjoy broadband over our Wifi AP at home.

So to anyone out there that has been having frequent problems with your net connection and Telekom has never been able to fix it, have an electrician come in and check all your lines. Remember, you must solder all the connections, as simply twisting and taping it will degrade DSL signal quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home